Update Date: @Mar 5, 2023
Welcome to Grit!
Grit is a mobile application offering users the ability to set and track personal goals, connect with a supportive community, and access resources to help achieve those goals (hereinafter the "App").
The Grit is published by Grit Technologies, a corporation registered under the laws of Delaware, United States.
Access to the Application and use of the Services is conditional upon acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. Therefore, by creating a User Account and using the Application you agree to comply with the obligations described in this document.
Because your privacy is of great importance for Grit, please note that we will never sell your data nor use it in a way you are not informed of.
1 Definitions and Interpretation
In these TOU, the following terms have the following meaning:
- "User Account" or "Profile" refers to the space specific to a user on which he or she can fill in information about himself or herself, view and comment on the content of other users, and publish his or her own content. The User Account is necessarily private and can only be viewed by the user and authorized Grit employees.
- "Content" means any information, text, graphics, photos, or other materials uploaded, downloaded, or appearing on the App.
- "Parties" means Grit Technologies and the user.
- "Services" means all the features offered to the user to allow him or her to create, modify, publish, and share his or her content.
- "User" means any natural person using the App and its services.
2 User Account Creation
2.1 Requested Information
In order to use Grit, you must create a User Account that will be specific to you. When creating your User Account we will ask you to provide the following information:
- Phone Number
- A password
- Your name or first name
- Your age
- A user name
- Routine interests
These elements are essential to use Grit.
We use personal information for authentication, purchasing and fee payment, service provision and delivery of guidance related to paid services.
When creating your User Account, the information provided must correspond to your own identity and must not be false or erroneous.
You also agree to keep your User Account password confidential. If you believe that someone is using your User Account in an illegitimate manner, you agree to notify us by contacting us at
2.2 Age Limit and Parental Permission
Grit is open to users over the age of 13 only.
If you are under 13, you are not allowed to create a User Account and use the Application. In addition, if you are between the ages of 13 and 16, depending on the country in which you reside, we may require permission from your legal guardian.
If you are the legal representative of a minor over the age of 13 and you wish to contact us, please send us a message to the following email address: email@example.com.
3 Services Description
You may use the Services on your mobile device through the Grit. The Services allow you to:
(i) Set and Track Personal Goals
Under this feature you can:
- Set goals for yourself in various areas such as health, career, relationships, and personal growth
- Track your progress towards those goals using the App's built-in tracking tools
- Receive reminders and notifications to help you stay on track
(ii) Connect with a Supportive Community
You can connect with other Grit users who share similar goals and interests to offer and receive support, encouragement, and advice.
(iii) Access Resources
You can access resources such as articles, videos, and podcasts related to personal growth and achievement to help you stay motivated and informed.
(iv) Content Deletion
You may choose to remove one piece of Content per day.
However, if you wish to remove other Content on the same day, please send us a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 Reporting Illegal or Inappropriate Content
As a hosting company, we are not under a general obligation to monitor the information we store. Nevertheless, if you believe that a Content is illicit or inappropriate, you can report it to us or to the User who is the author by clicking on the “report” tab in the settings of the photo or in the settings of the User Profile.
In particular, we invite you to report any Content of a sexual and/or child pornographic nature, calling for hatred, terrorism, violence in general or against a group of people in particular, inciting others to endanger themselves or provoking suicide.
5 User Obligations
- Use Grit if you are under the age of 13;
- Use Grit for commercial or advertising purposes, to publish or facilitate the transmission of spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or to collect information, data, or Content about other Users without their consent;
- Tamper with or attempt to tamper with the proper functioning of Grit, interfere with access to Grit, or circumvent any measures we may use to block or restrict access to the Services;
- Use Grit in a deceptive, malicious, discriminatory, or otherwise unlawful manner, such as impersonating someone else for personal or commercial purposes;
- Harm or attempt to harm another person or group, including, but not limited to, bullying, harassment, promotion of sexual content, violence, hate speech, or dissemination of false information;
- Use the Services to intentionally, recklessly or negligently upload, transmit, distribute, store, or otherwise make available any Content that may infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others or the privacy, image, dignity or honor of others, including a deceased person. In this regard, please note that you are solely responsible for the Content you choose to share on Grit, especially when this Content represents other people. We recommend that you always ensure that you have the consent of others to use their image or creations on Grit.
We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to remove or temporarily or permanently suspend access to any Content that is clearly illegal or does not comply with these Terms.
6 User Account Deletion
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your User Account upon notice from us and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to:
- Violation or attempted violation of the Terms and/or applicable law;
- Unexpected technical or security problems; or
- Long periods of inactivity of your account
In such a case, you are not allowed to create a new User Account.
7 Intellectual Property
7.1 Intellectual Property and Application Integrity
Excluding the Content generated by Users, the Application is the exclusive property of Grit, including its structure, design, interfaces, databases, text, digital content, trademarks, and HTML tags (meta-tags). The Application is protected by the provisions of the French Intellectual Property Code and by any national or international text in force applicable to intellectual property law.
You may use the Application under a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, revocable license, valid worldwide and until the deletion of your User Account, to share your Content and interact with other Users only.
Accordingly, you may not reproduce, distribute, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or otherwise use the Application or any portion thereof in any form whatsoever, except as authorized in writing by us. Any violation of this obligation constitutes an infringement, punishable by articles L.335-2 and following of the Intellectual Property Code.
It is also forbidden to :
- Extracting data by temporary or permanent transfer, or using the Application or its visible databases for commercial or other purposes by making them available to the public in whole or in part and substantially in quantitative or qualitative terms;
- To extract or use in a repeated and systematic way all or part of the visible information of the Application, when such an operation clearly exceeds a normal and private use of the Application;
- Exploit, market or distribute any component of the Application, including but not limited to the visible information of the Application, the databases, the Services, the programs, the source codes, the algorithms, the methods incorporated in the Application;
- Use any device or software to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Application; or take any action that imposes a disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
7.2 Intellectual Property and License
By using Grit you will create Content of which you may be the author and, if applicable, the owner of the intellectual property rights.
When you share Content on the Application you grant Grit and all its Users a free, non-exclusive, 30 (thirty) year, worldwide license in any medium to:
- To other Users to reproduce and share the Content on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat and Instagram, and more generally any social network or messaging application that may be interfaced with Grit;
- To Grit to host, store, reproduce, modify, adapt, display, publish, edit, distribute and sublicense all or part of the Content for the purpose of providing the Application Services to its Users, and to conduct marketing, communication or commercial promotion activities of Grit.
8 Indemnification, Warranty Exclusion and Liability
The Application and its Services are provided “as is”. Consequently, we do not offer you any guarantee concerning them, and in particular concerning:
- The conformity of our Services to your expectations;
- The absence of interruption, errors, security breaches, infringement of the rights of third parties in the operation of the Application Grit;
- The accuracy and reliability of information obtained through the use of our Services.
More generally, you acknowledge that the Internet, and any telematic network used for data transmission may involve risks related to the lack of protection of certain data against possible misuse and risks of contamination by viruses. Also, Grit cannot be held responsible for the loss or alteration of data, or for the loss of opportunity or time.
In any event, our liability is limited to direct material damages to the exclusion of any indirect damages of any kind.
We further reserve the right, to the extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, discontinue or limit the availability of all or any part of our Platform for business and operational reasons at any time without notice.
9 Data Protection and Privacy
Users are informed that the personal data collected may be subject to data processing activities in accordance with French Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to data processing, files and freedoms, as amended (known as the Data Protection Act) as well as EU Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Depending on the country from which you use the Services, other legislation might also apply, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Grit reserves the right to modify its ToU at any time. In this case, Grit will publish the new versions of the ToU on the pages of the Application and will alert Users by means of a pop-up window that will appear when opening the Application.
12 Applicable laws and jurisdiction
For any claim or dispute, the user is invited in priority to contact Grit at email@example.com. to reach an amicable solution.
In accordance with Article 14 of Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013, the European Commission has set up an online dispute resolution platform, facilitating the independent settlement by extrajudicial means of online disputes between consumers and professionals in the European Union. This platform is accessible at the following link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/.
The present Conditions are subject to French law. Any dispute not resolved by the means indicated above will be submitted to the competent court corresponding to the place of residence of the User located in one of the member states of the European Economic Area.